2 Disc Set
- New 4K restoration from the original 35mm camera negative
- 8 newly remastered avant-garde short films by Toshio Matsumoto: Nishijin, The Song of Stone, Ecstasis, Metastasis, Expansion, Mona Lisa, Siki Soku Ze Ku and Atman
- Audio commentary by Chris D.
- U.S. Theatrical Trailer
- Original 1969 Japanese Theatrical Trailer
- New essay by Hirofumi Sakamoto, Director of the Postwar Japan Moving Image Archive
"Few movies are as redolent of their times as Funeral Parade of Roses, a 1969 exemplar of Japanese countercultural ferment… its charms have scarcely wilted”
- J. Hoberman, The New York Times
"50 years later, this transgressive Japanese drama is still a party and a procession"
- Michael Nordine, IndieWire
"Toshio Matsumoto's 1969 film Funeral Parade of Roses is a heady affair, especially when seen in our aesthetically and politically conservative times. It imparts the thrill of witnessing the hedonism and lawlessness both sexual and artistic of a bygone culture. You also feel an almost tragic surge of melancholia watching it: where and when, you wonder, will cinema ever get quite this wild again?"
- Jonathan Romney, Film Comment
Please note this blu-ray release is locked for Region A (North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia).